Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 41: Mrs. Nott

"The heart of teaching..."

Hundred Years
A hundred years from now
it will not matter
what my bank account was,
the sort of house I lived in,
or the kind of car I drove -
but the world
may be different
because I was important
in the life of a child.
~Forest Witcraft
I have always loved this poem; it speaks to the heart of teaching.  Children, guiding children through the wonderful world of education -  discovery of themselves and world around them and helping to build confident, self-reliant, and compassionate people - is, for me, the best career.

To the many families who have let me be a part of their lives through school, thank you.  Thank you for allowing me to take part in your lives and your childrens’ education.  And a very warm and special thank you to Nimo, Naima, Anas, Iman, and Amina for not only letting me be part of your lives, but also for including me as part of your family!

You have brought this poem to life for me.  Thank you all for being so important in my life.

Mrs. Nott

No comments:

Post a Comment