Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 50: Emily Potter, 2nd Grade Teacher

Sharing the Love for Reading


One of my favorite things to do as a teacher is read aloud.  I find this is also one of my favorite things to do as a mother.  The amazement, suspense, giggles, and innocence a book can give to a child is priceless.  Through my effort to keep things "fresh" in my second grade classroom, I've found some new books that have captivated my students and my 3 year old daughter.  

Mo Willems is an author that has recently found a place in the hearts of my family and second grade friends.  I've found his books lend themselves to many teaching concepts and make reading just plain fun.  As I read his books to my second graders I have been taking them home to read to my daughter as well.  Knuffle Bunny has already found it's place on the "classics" shelf in our house!   


On the flip side, my daughter received a book for Christmas last year called, I Want My Hat Back  by Jon Klassen.  This book is one of my daughter's favorites and is now a favorite of my class!  

This ability to share good books with my family and my class is so much fun.  

Mrs. Potter is a 2nd grade teacher at Hilliard Horizon Elementary.

No comments:

Post a Comment