Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 87: Tabatha Stover, 1st Grade Teacher at Hilliard Horizon Elementary

What my students have taught me! 

And how many of these lessons have been more beneficial than 100's of hours of course work.


From http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8251/8545067064_4b3f5f8a6b_n.jpg

I have been blessed to be a teacher at Hilliard Horizon for almost twelve years.  When I started teaching I was eager to share my knowledge and love of learning with my students.  I quickly discovered they had more to teach me than I had to teach them.  

I have spent hours, days, and years reflecting, refining, and learning how to be an effective teacher.  However, it was my students who taught me to listen enthusiastically and to embrace everyone's ideas.  They taught me to see the joy in the smallest accomplishment; to take time to celebrate ourselves and others.  

I have learned that learning is a journey full of bumps, mistakes, and re-dos.  I have learned to enjoy each new personality, to take a moment to learn something new about someone else.  The most important knowledge I gained for my students;  learning is a collaborative process and I am merely a participant.      

1 comment:

  1. Well stated, Mrs. Stover! I agree with every word! Always a learner. Those who realize this are the most effective teachers!

    ReplyDelete