Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 89: Amy Wray, 2nd Grade Teacher

Are you having a laugh?

http://www.kansasbob.com/2013/05/lol-its-good-for-you.html

My laugh is something that people "remember" about me. I can't say I am always proud of it ;-). Some say it's infectious, some say it brings a smile to their face, and some (possibly my teenage daughter) say it's loud and annoying.  

However, it's a part of me and my daily life.  We spend a large amount of our time at work and with our kids. I feel like it's important to incorporate humor and fun into each and every day.  

Recently a former student came to read to my second grade class.  When he was finished my class commented on his reading and asked some questions.  When the kids were finished asking questions, it was my turn.  Even though I like to have fun, I have high expectations! I asked my former student if he felt prepared for third grade.  He said he did feel prepared.  I asked if he thought I was too hard on them?  

"NO WAY!", he said.  "We always had fun in here!"  

That meant more to me than any test any day!!!  Laughter is the best medicine!  Find a reason to laugh today!

No comments:

Post a Comment