Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 12: Ms. Dawson, Hilliard Horizon Secretary

The Power of Words

Last week, I was given an assignment by Mr. Higginbotham.  Like most students, I don’t particularly like homework.  Writing has never come easy for me and I struggle to put my thoughts into words. 
Recently I was sent a video to watch from one of my friends.  It was titled “The Power of Words”.  I watched the video, and then I watched it again.  Then I shared it with others, one being Mr. Higginbotham.
The video made me think about how just a few changes in the words you use can make such a difference in one’s life. 
I welcome you to watch the video:


Words are one of the most powerful things we have in our life.  We should be using our words to make people feel better when it is needed.  They need to be used to describe the beauty of a sunrise or to tell someone how much you enjoy school, or how important your teacher is to you.  It is within this video that you see by changing just a few words made such a huge difference in the way people view this man and his needs.
Writing is something we should try, no matter how old we are.   We should always embrace learning new things and keeping our mind and heart open to new possibilities.
Hopefully, this video will help to enlighten your gifts of The Power of Words.  I know it did for me.  Thank you Mr. H for encouraging me to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment