Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 34: Amina, 2nd Grade Student

Learning from a Road Trip

This summer, Amina, a 2nd grade student in Mrs. Potter's class, traveled to Minneapolis, MN to visit family.



"We drove to Indiana, Chicago, Wisconsin, and then to Minnesota."

This was Amina's first time traveling to Minneapolis.  She traveled with her mom and her sister by car.  "It took us two days to get there.  We kept asking to stop because we were hungry or bored."  Along the way, Amina learned something about taking long road trips.  


She gets carsick.

"We stopped at McDonald's and I got some hot chocolate.  I drank it all, but then I started to feel sick to my stomach. I had to get sick in my cup."

After two long days, Amina finally made it to Minneapolis.  "We went to the Mall of America.  It was like going to King's Island. "  She rode some rides and had a great time.



Besides finding out she can get carsick, Amina learned a little more about the world around her.  Next summer, though, she hopes she gets to take a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment